By Aziza Jackson
BOSTON — Trial Court Chief Justice Paula M. Carey and Trial Court Administrator Jon Williams recently announced that the Brighton Division of the Boston Municipal Court (BMC) at 52 Academy Hill Road will temporarily relocate to the Brookline District Court at 360 Washington Street after the close of business on Friday, March 1, 2019. The Brighton court will open on Monday, March 4, 2019, at the Brookline District Court location.
During the relocation, the Brighton courthouse will undergo extensive renovations including the installation of a new roof, exterior masonry repairs and restoration, HVAC and accessibility upgrades, and replacement of the front entrance stairs and ramp. The estimated construction cost of this project is $9.5 million with an expected duration of 12 to 14 months.
During the relocation, the telephone and fax numbers for both the Brighton BMC and Brookline District Court will not change.
- The main telephone numbers for the Brighton BMC are 617-782-6540 and 617-782-6521.
- The main number for the Brookline District Court is 617-232-4660.
- Mailing address for both courts: 360 Washington Street, Brookline, MA 02445
- The Brighton Clerk’s Office and the Brighton Probation Department will be located on the 2nd floor of the Brookline courthouse.
- Persons seeking to obtain a restraining order, a harassment protection order, or a civil commitment order for alcohol or substance use disorder (Section 35) from the Brighton BMC during normal court hours (8:30a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) may do so at the Brookline District Court.
- Brighton civil and criminal jury trials will be transferred to the West Roxbury Division of the Boston Municipal Court for the duration of the renovation.
- Civil jury trials originating out of the Dorchester Municipal Court will no longer be transferred to the Brighton division for trial. Those cases will remain in the Dorchester division.
- For directions, please visit https://www.mass.gov/locations/brookline-district-court