AJA Opens Calls for 2020 Presentations
By CN Staff
AURORA, Colo.—AJA’s Annual Conference & Jail Expo is the only national event that focuses exclusively on local jails and detention facilities. AJA attendees range from Corrections Officers, Trainers, and Managers to Medical Professionals, Jail Administrators and Sheriffs.
AJA now invites you to submit thought-provoking, educational workshops that cover current topics, trends, and innovative programs and strategies that affect or can impact our nation’s jails. The association is looking for submissions that address issues affecting the operation of jail facilities, provide tangible ways to adapt to change, offer actionable takeaways, and allow for personal and professional development and growth.
Due to the significant number of submissions we receive each year, not every submission can be selected. Strong submissions feature:
- A strong and catchy title
- Brief but informative topic description
- Five learning objectives
- A topic that will interest a variety of the targeted audience
- Call for Presentations opened on May 24, 2019.
- Call for Presentations closes July 5, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
- Submitters will be notified by August 16, 2019 if their workshop submission has or has not been selected.
- The workshop schedule will be finalized in February 2020.
- The 2020 AJA Annual Conference & Jail Expo is April 4-8, 2020 at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Aurora, Colorado. Early bird registration opens November 2019.